Friday, January 04, 2008

iPhone in the workplace

My wife and I gave each other iPhones for Christmas, and we love them. As many others have already pointed out, the iPhone's innovation lies not in its functionality, but in its user interface and simplified multimedia experience.

Here's an example of why I love the iPhone:


I was listening to music through my phone, while repairing a computer at work, where phone use is officially prohibited (A rule which is consistently bent). It's an industrial environment, and I was using only one of the stock earbuds, in order to remain aware of my surroundings. My phone rang while I was in plain view of many people, but nearby machinery muffled the sound (Nobody recognizes 'sonar' as a ringtone, in any case). I quickly pressed the answer toggle button, and disguised my conversation by bobbing my head and pretending to sing along to imaginary music. When the call had ended, I continued with my work. Everybody knows that white earbuds mean music, but only two people at work have an iPhone, myself included.

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home